Thursday, August 25, 2005

Misunderstood TV preachers...
(from the Associated Press)
On Monday's telecast of his Christian Broadcasting Network show "The 700 Club," Robertson had said: "You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war, and I don't think any oil shipments will stop."
He continued: "We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."
On Wednesday, he initially denied having called for Chavez to be killed and said The Associated Press had misinterpreted his remarks.
"I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should 'take him out,'" Robertson said on his show. "'Take him out' could be a number of things including kidnapping."
He later issued the apology on his Web site.

Well...praise the lord, and put down that sniper rifle. He did apologize, after all.
Please, anyone--volunteer to go on local television or radio and explain how one or another government official, police officer, math teacher, T-ball coach, or girl-who-wouldn't-go-to-the-prom-with-you needs to be "taken out." Explain to the men in nice suits how you were merely suggesting that you'd like to accompany the subject for a fine meal at the local Bonanza. Apology accepted!

2 Comments:

Blogger Momo said...

I once told a man in a suit to take me out and he wouldn't do it.

--Amy

1:54 PM  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Ok, you dears--

I'm a self-admitted political and financial ignoramus, but I am determined to read and learn from this blog!!!

Take 2 Tylenol PMs (PM = Patience, Milady) and meet me at the coffee shop to educate and enrich me.

I will...fix you some tacos or something.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home