Thursday, November 10, 2005

Pat Robertson reinstitutes Old Testament law, speaks for God, etc...

After Dover, PA voters removed their school board members for trying to introduce "intelligent design" into the curriculum, Pat Robertson had this to say:

"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city," Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, "The 700 Club." "And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there," he said.

Number 1: Isn't one thing Christians are taught that God will help anyone in their time of need, regardless of their Naughty Record?
Number 2: I learned about evolution when I went to school. I learned about "intelligent design" when I went to church. I don't find that there's an inner conflict, or that I'm any less moral as a person because I learned about both. Hmm...I think I know why that is--because I didn't pay too much attention to either! I believe in carbon-14 dating, electron microscopes, dinosaurs, and God, whom I learned about on my own. Spirituality is not trademarked by conservative Christians.
Number 3: When did this vengeful, Old Testament God reappear? If God really wanted to take out people who wrong him, even in this inconsequential way, well...who'd be left alive? Maybe Pat has a copy of God's own sentencing guidlines. Apparently not all sins are equal.
Number 4: What would Jesus say to this asshole? Oops--is it a sin to call Pat Robertson an asshole?

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I loved every single point you made in this entry. Go get 'em!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Woof said...

Well, y'know--what can you do? Look at the cRaZy things Robertson's done in the past few months alone. I don't really believe in Hell, although I wish I did when I hear about people like Robertson and W who believe that they KNOW GOD'S WILL.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Momo said...

That was wonderful.

I laughed and cried. (Because I laughed so hard.)

9:26 AM  
Blogger BTL68 said...

Okay, I have to call you on your #2 point..."Number 2: I learned about evolution when I went to school."

I know what school you went to and the only evolving that went on there involved a boy named A.J. and a small calf in the AG shop...

Drink up me boy, for the corn is knee high!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Woof said...

Aw, jeez...I can't stop laughing about that. Thanks!

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home