Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Crime(s) of the Century...

The nice gentleman from the OKCPD just left my room, taking my crack pipe with him.

That's the short version of the story. The long version:
I've been staying at Extended Stay America (West Reno Ave.) in Oklahoma City for the past nine days. As I was packing tonight for my flight home tomorrow, I found two things: 1) My CD case (containing 80 CDs) and CD player were missing; and 2) There was a crack pipe underneath a dresser drawer I removed in the search for my CDs. I called OKCPD just to ask if they wanted to do anything about it; they said they would send someone over. An officer arrived and took down the information and took the pipe, then we had a short discussion about where (vents, underneath drawers, inside toilets) and how often (very) paraphernalia is found in hotel rooms. He offered that had I not called the police and instead reported the theft to the hotel, if they found the crack pipe it could be said to have been in my possession. He said, "Of course, we'd run your info, look at your priors, see if there were any drug offenses (there aren't, incidentally)--so you wouldn't necessarily be looking at a warrant when you returned to Oklahoma City."

What's strange about the theft is that last Saturday morning, when I'm fairly certain the pilferage took place, my laptop was left untouched in the room. What's even stranger is that a handful of laundry quarters that I left in the nightstand drawer were stolen, too.

Most strange, though, is that I'm really too tired at the moment to get too worked up over this. I'm going to wait to contact the Hotel Commissioner (inside joke) tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home